B2 Awards Judging
BMA is committed to operating as open and transparent a B2 Awards judging process as possible.
To that end, we especially want all entrants to have a clear understanding of who the judges are, what criteria they will use to judge and score entries, and how Best of Division and Award of Excellence winners will be determined.
For the inaugural 2010 B2 Awards, BMA has recruited 26 judges, all very senior corporate marketers.
During their distinguished careers, most have had responsibility for all of the following:
- Manage marketing and/or mar-com budgets
- Make strategic marketing and tactical decisions
- Review, approve and manage branding and/or demand-generation programs
- Evaluate, hire and manage agencies or internal creative teams
- Evaluate, judge, select and buy creative concepts, campaigns and services
Our 2010 judges are:
- Kathy Button Bell, Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Emerson
- Andrew Bosman, Executive Director of Marketing, Navigant Consulting, Inc.
- Eduardo Conrado, Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Enterprise Mobility Solutions and Networks, Motorola
- Lee Copeland, Vice President, Marketing, Medline
- Dawn DiMartino, Vice President, Marketing, Iron Mountain
- Michelle Draper, Vice President, Institutional Services Marketing, Charles Schwab
- Jason Ferrara, Vice President of Corporate Marketing, CareerBuilder
- Jeanine Gaffke, Global Marketing Communications Director, Diversey
- Tom Haas, Chief Marketing Officer, Siemens Corporation
- Cindy Humphrey, Vice President of Marketing, Qwest Business Markets Group
- Tom Insprucker, Worldwide Director, Web Programs, Schneider Electric
- Andrea (Eidsness) Johnson, Vice President, Marketing & Communications, Kroll, Inc.
- Patrick Maley, Vice President, Corporate Marketing, RedPrairie
- Linda McGovern, Director of Marketing, USG Corporation
- John McIndoe, Sr. Vice President, Marketing, Symphony/IRI Group
- Steve Pacheco, Director, Advertising, FedEx
- Bill Parke, Director, Corporate Marketing and Financial Communications, CME Group
- Keith Pigues, Senior VP and Chief Marketing Officer, Ply Gem
- Janet Roberts, Sr. Vice President, Corporate Communications and Marketing, Syniverse Technologies
- Marian Robinson, Vice President of Marketing, Baxa Corporation
- Deborah Ruffins, Vice President, Marketing, Buck Consultants
- Ed Russ, Partner, Chief Marketing & Sales Officer, Grant Thornton LLC
- Don Scheibenreif, former Vice President of Strategic Marketing, W.W. Grainger
- Rick Short, Director of Marketing Communications, Indium Corporation
- George Stenitzer, Vice President of Corporate and Marketing Communications, Tellabs
- Mark Tenny, former Creative Director, Staples
- Bruce Thompson, Vice President, Corporate Marketing, Stericycle
Mark Wilson, Vice President of Corporate Marketing, Sybase Inc.
- Doug Webster, Senior Director, Worldwide Service Provider Marketing, Cisco Systems
Judges will be assigned categories most relevant to their positions and career experience.
Every category will be judged by at least three judges. No judge will be asked to judge more than three categories, and no judges will be permitted to judge categories in which their firms have entries.
Section 1: Marketers
Category 1: Marketing, Brand and Communications Strategy
- Nature of challenge
- Learning undertaken to formulate strategy
- Statement of strategy
- Implementation of strategy
Category 2: Marketing Activation
Section 2: Marketers, Agencies and Other Providers
Taking into account the relevant judging criteria, judges will rate each entry a score on a 1-10 scale, with 1 being the lowest score possible and 10 the highest score possible.
Determination of Winners
The B2s will have two types of division-level awards:
- Best of Division Award (entries with at least a 9.0 score and the highest in the division)
- Award of Excellence (entries with at least an 8.5 score)
Judges will then award a Best of Category Award in each of the 27 categories to the division winner from each category with the highest overall score. In case of a tie, judges will vote or reach consensus on an overall winner.
Questions about the B2s can be directed to Kriston Ewoldt at 630-544-5054, ext. 111. Or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.