July 15, 2011 -- BMA today announced the winners of its prestigious B2 Awards, one of the oldest and most well respected business-to-business (B2B) communications award programs in the industry.
Entering its thirty-fifth year, the B2 Awards were created to recognize business-to-business marketing programs and demonstrate the ability to transform new, creative ideas into strategic initiatives. Winners from the top seven categories were honored today at a special online video presentation hosted by Al Maag, BMA’s national chairman and sponsored by Robert Half’s Creative Group.
“As one of the industry’s premier awards programs, the B2 Awards highlight the most strategic work of corporate and agency business-to-business marketers across a variety of categories. Each year we are impressed with the caliber of award submissions and 2011 continued to raise the bar,” said Maag. “We offer our congratulations to all of the winners. In particular, we are very pleased to see our agency of the year was from the United Kingdom and hope this serves as a catalyst for expanding the base of our international members to become engaged with BMA’s assets and programs.”
Winners in the top group categories included the following:
- Integrated Marketing Campaign: gyro: for their submission featuring Sheetrock’s “The Weight has been Lifted” program;
- Brand and Identity: Mobium for their submission featuring Herff Jones and their “Climate of Achievement” program;
- Advertising: IASb2b Marketing for their submission featuring Kingspan Benchmark “SEO program;”
- Web & Video: Doremus for the video “A Day Made of Glass” for Corning Incorporated;
- Direct Marketing: Slack & Company for their personalized direct campaign for RedPrairie Retail;
- Sales Enablement: Specialty Print Communications for their entry “SPC Black Box;”
- Public Relations and Social Media: Weber Shandwick for their service public relations program “Setting a National Example for Quality Healthcare: The Florida Surgical Care Initiative.”
In the two most anticipated award categories of the year, the Leading Corporate Marketer Award was co-presented to the teams from Accenture and Monsanto, for their demonstration of excellence throughout the year with their respective programs. IASb2b, based in the United Kingdom, received the celebrated B2 Agency of the Year award. Other finalists in this category included Slack & Company, gyro:, Stein + Partners Brand Activation, Eric Mower & Associates and Doremus.
Each year hundreds of B2 entries in twenty-nine categories are received, reviewed and judged by a network of over sixty senior corporate marketers and leading B2B agency executives. For a full listing of award winners, please visit: www.marketing.org/b2winners.