GDPR, ePrivacy and Advertisers: What Marketers Need to Know (10 for 18’ Series)
The European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will take effect in May 2018. This major change to the EU's data protection framework will have wide-ranging and serious implications for U.S. advertisers and marketers, even those without significant EU operations. Learn how to grapple with the immense changes coming in privacy and data protection regulation as a result of the EU's General Data Protection Regulation, or GDPR. This webinar will explore the practical considerations and the new thinking brands and their agencies must consider in getting ready:
- The major differences between GDPR, EU Data Protection Directive and U.S. requirements
- Vexing issues such as profiling, consent, and data protection officers – and avoiding GDPR penalties
- Uniform Law: will the patchwork go away? When does EU data protection law apply to U.S. marketers?
- Cookies, PII and Non-PII: time for new thinking in light of new technology?
- Updates on the E-Privacy Regulation and guidance and how advertisers and online publishers are reacting
- Practical advice on vendor and supply chain compliance remediation and key issues for vendor and supplier compliance
- Data Protection Officer appointments and considerations
- "Bubble Gum and Duct Tape:" 10 things you should do now to manage real risk
- Regulatory updates on Privacy Shield and Model Clauses
*** NOTE ALL WEBINARS ARE EASTERN TIME ***
|Begins:||Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 1:00pm|
|Ends:||Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 2:00pm|
Dr. Andreas Splittgerber
Reed Smith LLP