Advertising Production Masterclass (Regional Full Day)
Marketers struggle to stretch their limited production budgets because they must contend with a complex media ecosystem. By understanding the ins and outs of the production process and by knowing what drives the cost of producing your content assets, you are empowered to make better production decisions. This awareness also makes it easier for you to choose the appropriate agency and production partners. Ultimately, it is the partners you choose that are vital to your production efficiency, effectiveness, and ROI.
This workshop will teach you best practices and clarify your own role and responsibilities in the content production process (TV/video, photography, OOH, digital/social, etc.). Along the way, you will see what works, and you will improve your ability to develop better content integration. This workshop also provides learning on the unique nuances and challenges of producing content for social platforms. And you will gain insight on the latest production trends, such as transparency and marketer-led production — all of which will give you an advantage over your peers.
This workshop is engaging with discussions, interactive group activities, and case studies. Throughout the session, you will discover how to maximize your ROI and think strategically about your production projects.
Who Is This Workshop For?
This workshop is best suited for brand marketers, internal advertising managers, and procurement or sourcing professionals responsible for Advertising and Marketing deliverables who are ready to address challenges and changes in marketing production.
The benefits of attending this workshop fall under three key drivers of growth: improving marketing effectiveness, increasing marketing efficiencies, and maximizing marketing ROI.
This workshop helps attendees improve marketing effectiveness by teaching them:
- Production knowledge so they can better communicate with your agency and production partners
- What their roles and responsibilities are in the production process
- How to ask the right questions early in the partner selection process to ensure you make the best choices
This workshop helps attendees increase marketing efficiency by teaching them:
- Best practices on upfront planning and alignment on your creative, schedule, and budget, saving you time and money
- How to do integrated productions to get the most content in the most efficient way
This workshop helps attendees maximize marketing ROI by teaching them:
- How to set appropriate budgets during planning and creative
- How to gain visibility and transparency in the bidding process
- Best practices for mitigating risk and lessening cost overages
- How to negotiate usage rights in talent, music, stock footage, etc.
- How to navigate the challenges unique to social content
- How to leverage creative assets, set up preferred partner deals, and explore new production models to meet the need for more content
Jillian Gibbs is the founder and CEO of APR, a global ad production consultancy that lists many of the world’s biggest brands as clients. Using an in-depth, collaborative approach to help advertisers get the most from their marketing production spend, Jillian has helped define new standards within the production industry throughout her 20+ year career. She founded APR in 2000 and has led the forward thinking company through considerable growth. APR now has offices in all major U.S. production centers, as well as Canada, LATAM, EMEA and APAC. APR’s benchmarking and database tools allow marketers to capture, report and make thoughtful decisions about producing content.
Jillian has been a member of the ANA Faculty since 2009 and is a widely recognized and respected industry leader who is frequently called upon to consult on production issues with advertisers, agencies, international industry associations, agency holding companies, and industry executives.