Developing a Brand Portfolio Strategy (Half Day)
How to Optimize A Collection of Brands to Achieve Business Objectives
(Half Day Workshop)
Many companies struggle to answer the question of whether they are a branded house or a house of brands. There are many circumstances that can lead to this question:
- Acquired brands have proliferated within your portfolio, leading to customer confusion
- Important market segments are sub-optimally covered by brands in the portfolio
- Brands are not organized strategically to drive future growth
- Brands do not have clear roles or relationships with each other
This workshop will help you determine your brand portfolio strategy. You will learn how to establish a long-term strategy for utilizing brand assets in a way that optimizes internal resources and maximizes impact on your chosen markets. Led by a highly experienced consultant with more than 25 years of client-side and consultancy experience, this workshop will guide you through the process of defining your market map and identifying your optimal portfolio strategy.
This workshop is an excerpt of the ANA full-day workshop “Developing a Brand Portfolio and Architecture Strategy.” In the full-day workshop, you will learn about brand architecture and how to strategically organize your brands to maximize relevancy and to eliminate spending inefficiencies. The full-day workshop offers the chance to create a full brand portfolio and brand architecture plan.
Who Is This Workshop For?
This workshop is for mid- to senior-level brand marketers who have particularly challenging business issues to address given the existing structure of their brand portfolio architecture.
To be effective, this workshop assumes that you and your team have a clear understanding of the following:
- Your brand positioning in the market
- Your competitive positioning
- The presiding frames of reference for your brand category and the key dimensions or factors customers use in deciding on brands
- The scale or scope of each brand in the portfolio
If you or the team do not have these key “understanding requirements,” our instructors can work with you to customize this workshop to meet your needs.
The benefits of attending this workshop fall under the following key drivers of growth: improving marketing effectiveness, increasing marketing efficiencies, and maximizing marketing ROI.
This workshop helps attendees improve marketing effectiveness by teaching them:
- How to use market maps
- Ways to channel marketing efforts appropriately for any brand
This workshop helps attendees increase marketing efficiency by teaching them:
- How to allocate the right resources to the brands with the most growth potential
This workshop helps attendees maximize marketing ROI by teaching them:
- How to apply resources across their portfolios in a coordinated way that provides the most bang for their buck
- Ways to synergize brands within the portfolio
Mitch Duckler is managing partner of FullSurge. He has over 25 years of line management and strategy consulting experience in leading complex engagements and overseeing client relationships. His areas of expertise include brand strategy, customer and consumer insights, and innovation. He has successfully led engagements for Fortune 500 companies, including Boeing, U.S. Cellular, Deloitte, Kellogg’s, Best Buy, Campbell’s Soup, NBC Universal, Wrigley, The Home Depot, General Electric and ExxonMobil.
Mitch is President-Elect of the Marketing Advisory Council of the American Marketing Association (AMA). He has also chaired the AMA’s Annual Marketing Conference three consecutive years, and has been a featured speaker and workshop facilitator for the Institute for International Research (IIR), and Institute for the Study of Business Markets (ISBM). He has written articles on brand and marketing strategy for industry periodicals, including Brandweek, Marketing News, and Marketing Management.