Best Practices for Content Marketing Strategies (Half Day)
4 Best Practices to Strategize Your Content Marketing
(Half Day Workshop)
Learn best practices to build a solid, strategic framework for your content marketing. During this hands-on workshop, you’ll create a framework to make your content marketing even more strategic and effective. Whether you’re just starting up or taking content marketing to the next level, this workshop will help you build a strong and solid foundation that improves your results.
In this workshop, marketers will:
- Develop a content marketing mission statement. The mission statement defines your target audience(s), content topics, content types, and overarching purpose. A written mission provides clear direction and serves as a litmus test for all your content.
- Create a 1-page content marketing strategy. Most marketers lack a documented content marketing strategy. A written strategy makes you 4 times likelier to succeed. Using a template, teams will develop a strategy to align company objectives and goals with marketing strategies and metrics. Unlike marketing strategies that get filed away in a binder on the bookshelf, a 1-page strategy proves useful day today.
- Learn to conduct a competitive content audit. Find out how well your content meets buyers’ needs during the buying journey. By performing a competitive content audit, you gain greater visibility into marketplace dynamics. An audit defines specific ways to outflank and outsmart your competitors.
- Build clear, concise, consistent stories with a 1-Page Message Map. Answer buyers’ key question -- what’s in it for me (WIIFM)? – using a handy tool that simplifies your storytelling. A Message Map makes your story concise, so you can deliver it in 7 seconds as an elevator speech, headline, email subject line or Tweet. It enables you to expand your message gracefully to 2 minutes, 5 minutes, 20 minutes or more. You, your freelancers and agencies can create content of all types and sizes as you ensure absolute message clarity and consistency.
This workshop is part of the ANA’s Content Marketing Mastery Program. Our Mastery Programs are designed to be flexible and fit your time and budget. These programs can be delivered over two full days or as a series of independent half-days.
In Part 2 you will learn best practices to strengthen your content marketing. Click here for more.
Who Is This Workshop For?
This workshop is open for marketing leaders, marketers, content creators and internal clients who need to build a shared, solid, strategic framework for content marketing.
The benefits of attending this workshop fall under the following key drivers of growth: improving marketing effectiveness, increasing marketing efficiencies, maximizing marketing ROI, and improving employee alignment.
This workshop helps attendees improve marketing effectiveness by teaching them:
- How to create a content marketing mission statement to guide content creators
- Litmus tests for what types of content to create
- How to build a 1-page content marketing strategy to align content with the needs of the business
- Techniques in making sure content is on mission, on strategy, and on message
This workshop helps attendees increase marketing efficiency by teaching them:
- How to audit content competitively so you can identify white spaces and outsmart competitors
- How to tell your company’s story with a concise, clear, and consistent message
This workshop helps attendees maximize marketing ROI by teaching them:
- How to establish metrics to measure content success that align with content strategies
- One consistent message across all digital, print and live media
This workshop helps improve employee alignment and collaboration by teaching them:
- The definition and understanding of content marketing
- A set of templates and practices all team members can use
George Stenitzer founded Crystal Clear Communications in 2014 to create inventive answers to marketing challenges. The Content Marketing Institute named George Content Marketer of the Year and BtoB magazine twice named him a Best Marketer.
A change agent, George helps clients build brands with breakthrough content. Previously, he was Tellabs’ vice president – marketing and communications. He also worked in Fortune 500 companies such as RR Donnelley and AT&T.
For the ANA, George leads Fast-Forward Your Content Marketing workshops at 4 levels — Content Marketing 101, 201, 301 and 401. He served on the Advisory Board of the Business Marketing Association (BMA) and as president of the Chicago and St. Louis BMA chapters.