Fast Forward Your Content Marketing (Full Day)
Learn 7 best practices to fast-forward your content marketing program. In this hands-on workshop, you learn how to make content marketing even more effective by addressing 7 critical elements. Advance your content marketing to the next level, as you:
- Develop a content marketing mission statement. During the workshop, you will develop a content marketing editorial mission statement. The mission statement defines your target audience(s), content topics, content types and overarching purpose. A written content marketing mission provides clear direction, serving as a litmus test for all the content you create.
- Create a 1-page content marketing strategy. Most marketers lack a documented content marketing strategy. But writing your strategy makes you 4 times likelier to succeed, says Content Marketing Institute founder Joe Pulizzi.
Using a proven template, you will develop a written strategy that aligns company objectives and goals with content marketing strategies and metrics. Unlike voluminous strategies that get filed away in a binder on the bookshelf, a 1-page strategy helps your content stay on track day to day.
- Learn to conduct a competitive content audit. With a content audit, find out how well existing content meets buyers’ information needs during the buying journey. By performing a competitive content audit, you gain greater visibility into buyer and marketplace dynamics. An audit helps you define specific ways outsmart your competitors so you don’t have to outspend them.
- Build clear, concise, consistent stories with a 1-Page Message Map. Answer buyers’ eternal question -- what’s in it for me (WIIFM)? – using a handy tool that Intel, AT&T, Blue Cross and others use to tell their stories. A Message Map makes your story concise, you can deliver it in 7 seconds as an elevator speech, headline, email subject line or Tweet. It enables you to expand your message gracefully to 2 minutes, 5 minutes, 20 minutes or more. So, everyone can tell your story better.
- Develop buyer personas to gain insights into the how and why of buyers’ behavior. Identify the steps in the buyers’ journey, information buyers seek, and media preferences of prospects and buyers. Gain critical insights into buyers’ questions during carefully considered purchases and learn how to effectively address buying teams.
- Map content to the buyers’ journey. Be sure to offer all the content that buyers need to answer their critical questions at each step in the buying journey. Learn how the right content helps buyers advance smoothly through the sales process and helps them overcome obstacles and objections.
- Continuously improve content through all-in analytics. Learn the process of how to improve content month after month with an all-in analytics review. Chart key metrics, develop and test hypotheses, and formulate experiments that enable you to advance your content marketing results to a higher level.
Who Is This Workshop For?
- Marketing leaders, marketers, content creators and internal clients who need a solid, strategic framework for content marketing
Improve marketing effectiveness by:
- Telling your company’s story with a clear, concise, compelling, consistent message that breaks through.
- Gaining skills to audit content competitively so you can outflank and outsmart competitors.
- Assuring that you have the right content to address buyers’ needs at each step in the buying journey.
- Gaining insights into why and how buyers choose your brand, a competitor or the status quo.
Improve marketing efficiency by:
- Documenting a content marketing mission statement to guide content creators.
- Building a 1-page content marketing strategy to align content with the needs of the business, improving your chances of success by 4X.
- Saving time in the review process, enabling you to increase speed of execution through your documented content marketing mission, strategy and message.
Improve marketing ROI by:
- Using all-in analytics reviews to sharpen your content and continuously improve performance.
Improve employee alignment and collaboration by:
- Gaining internal agreement up front on your content marketing mission, strategy and message.
- Involving content creators in all-in analytics reviews so they can see the results from content they create, develop hypotheses about performance trends, and test changes to continuously improve results.
George Stenitzer founded Crystal Clear Communications in 2014 to create inventive answers to marketing challenges. The Content Marketing Institute named George Content Marketer of the Year and BtoB magazine twice named him a Best Marketer.
A change agent, George creates and executes strategies that build brands with breakthrough content. Previously, he was Tellabs’ vice president – marketing and communications. He also worked in Fortune 500 companies such as RR Donnelley, Ameritech and SBC (now AT&T).
George teaches Content Marketing for the ANA and serves on the Advisory Board of the Business Marketing Association (BMA). He has served as president of the Chicago and St. Louis BMA chapters.
George writes the Marketing Upside column, published in Global Telecoms Business since 2014. He blogs weekly on B2B content marketing and Tweets as @riverwordguy.