Developing a Digital Analytics Strategy (Half Day)
Using Data to Inform Your Marketing Campaigns
(Half Day Workshop)
Despite its pervasiveness, analytics is still a mysterious “black box” to many marketers. Rows and columns of numbers that are supposed to somehow inform marketing tactics often lack the related insights necessary to drive business decisions. Too many times, campaigns are stunted and go off-track because marketers either prioritize the wrong metrics or misunderstand the combination of tactics, channel allocation, and data.
In this workshop, we will focus on developing your approach to marketing analytics. The course will cover analytics terminology, customization settings (for your business), data collection, segmentation, and a practical (deeper) understanding of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for your campaigns. We will discuss what the true purpose of your KPIs should be, and how to determine what the corresponding action should be for each channel in order to improve your campaigns. Primary reports and their purpose will also be presented, along with corresponding context and the resulting actions that can be taken to improve campaigns based on the data strategy.
This workshop is part of the ANA’s Digital Marketing Analytics Mastery Program. Our Mastery Programs are designed to be flexible and fit your time and budget. These programs can be delivered over two full days or as a series of independent half-days.
In Part 2 you will learn how to apply context to digital data and how to create effective reports. Click here for more.
Who Is This Workshop For?
This workshop is for any sales or marketing professional, across all channels; those who are tasked with executing marketing plans, automated communications, CRM marketing, programs, and tactics, as well as those responsible for strategic planning and budgeting.
The benefits of attending this workshop fall under the following key drivers of growth: improving marketing effectiveness, increasing marketing efficiency and maximizing marketing ROI.
This workshop helps attendees improve marketing effectiveness by teaching them:
- Essential analytics terminology and concepts
- The purpose of KPI’s and their influence on a campaign
- How to approach analytics with effective questions
- How to develop clear marketing goals for measurement
This workshop helps attendees increase marketing efficiency by teaching them:
- How to customize analytics data to the business goals and business value
- How to read and interpret primary analytics reports
- How to focus on the most relevant data that will make the most impact
- How to create relevant segments for efficient measurement of your audience to better understand their motivations and behaviors
This workshop helps attendees maximize marketing ROI by teaching them:
- How to connect campaign improvement actions to KPI performance
- How to connect customer behavior attributes to measurements and outcomes, in order to understand your customers’ behaviors and their impact on your business objectives
Since 1998, Matt has taught at over 1,000 companies, conferences and workshops. He is one of the highest rated speakers world-wide for his ability to communicate complex information in a practical, humorous way.
Matt is a first-generation search engine marketer, having started out by building websites to market his commercial real estate business in 1996. With a background in Journalism and Marketing, Matt quickly adapted his education to the internet and applied it to develop successful online marketing strategies.
After having sold his first venture, Matt worked as a software engineer and then built online marketing departments at two agencies. Starting his own training and consulting company in 2006 (SiteLogic), Matt quickly developed an impressive client roster that includes: Google, Hilton International, Eaton, Gerber Life, Experian, Disney/ABC/ESPN, American Greetings, Toys ‘R Us, Johnson & Johnson, DMA, P&G, Hewlett-Packard, Travel Weekly and Los Cabos Tourism.
- Taught Google employees how to understand and use Google Analytics
- Consults with Experian on how to present data
- Developed online marketing training for both Proctor and Gamble and Johnson & Johnson.
- Presented analytics methodologies to Disney, ABC & ESPN
- Teaches Online Marketing certification for DMA
They all agree: Matt Bailey successfully dismantles the complexity of online marketing into practical, understandable concepts.
Matt has a passion for education and helping to develop online marketing professionals. He does this through his teaching as Adjunct Faculty at Rutgers University. As part of this passion, he also produces online training video curriculum for Market Motive, The Data-driven Marketing Association and Lynda.com.
He is the author of Internet Marketing: An Hour a Day (2011), and Wired to be Wowed (Fall 2014).